Monday, June 29, 2009

Jump on in, the water's fine

Last week the Cracker family joined my parents & my sister's family for a week of sun and fun on Hilton Head Island, S.C. My parents rented a 6 bedroom house for us to share in one of the plantations near the beach. The house was huge and beautifully (& most likely professionally) decorated.

If asked to vote on it though, I think the whole family would agree that the amenity that was enjoyed most was the pool. At least twice every day, most of the family could be found playing and splashing around in the cool waters of the pool.

Jumping into the water became something of an obsession for the kids.

K started out jumping into the pool a little tentatively.


But after just a little while she got a little more adventurous...


Until at last she was flinging herself into the water with total joy and abandon.


Not to be outdone, my son C also spent most of his time jumping into the pool over and over and over again.

My nephew A could really get some hang time going on his jumps too.

When jumping into the pool started to get a little old, Grandpa & Mr. Crackers were happy to toss the kids into the air.

Glad I wasn't asked to throw anyone. I don't think my arm muscles would've given the boys the thrill they were looking for.

Not everyone had to jump or be tossed around to have a good time though. My two year old niece M had a ball just swimming around the pool all on her own (with the assistance of a couple flotation devices ).


We're back home now, but already this morning K asked the question, "When can we go back to the vacation house again?" No doubt about it, fun was had by all. Thanks again Mom & Dad!

1 comment:

momevers said...

Sunday morning, safely home again after a wonderful week, I yearned for a pool to splash in and cool off. Thanks for sharing the photos.