Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Tuesday mornings make me smile

There are times that even though my children don't look much like me, I know they are mine.

K has been wanting to take ballet lessons for quite a long time (which is really saying something since she's not quite 4 years old). This fall she was finally old enough to take lessons so we got her signed up for the Tuesday morning class & bought all the appropriate paraphernalia.

I myself never took ballet lessons, I was missing the all too important "grace" gene that is crucial to success as a ballerina. I seemed to gravitate more toward sports where falling down a lot & injuring myself was a little more acceptable.


As you watch this video, I think you will see that I may have passed on this lack of grace & coordination to my youngest child. K is in the black skirt closest to the teacher who is attempting to teach them all how to execute a curtsy (just in case you were wondering...)



The good news is that grace isn't required for the 3 & 4 year old pre-ballet class - just a willingness to participate & have a good time. I think we've got those two items covered in spades.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Adorable! Reminds me of Sophia's first ballet lessons last year...I think Katie is actually doing a better job than Sophia did at first at the curtsy!

momevers said...

Great video. She's our Katie. Very sweet.