Saturday, June 5, 2010

Hint: I was not abducted by aliens

So let's see, it's been about 2 months since the last time I posted anything here on the blog.

In honor of my return to (hopefully) semi-regular blogging again, here's a little weekend morning quiz for you.

The reason I've been absent from this blog so long is because:

A. I was abducted by aliens

B. I was falsely accused of killing Mr. Crackers & have been trying to catch the one armed man who actually killed him while trying to evade capture by law enforcement officers

C. I am your new American Idol

D. I got a little bogged down with other stuff



As uninteresting as it may sound, the real answer is D. Life got a little busy around here at the House of Crackers, and I found that I kind of ran out of "blogging" time. Thankfully though, summer has arrived and C is finally out of school and is finished with all of his extracurricular activities for awhile. Wahoo!


Even though we have a summer packed with vacations and lots of fun activities, I will be happy to step away from the daily school grind for awhile and take things at a bit of a slower pace.


We got a little jump start on summer over the Memorial Day weekend. The weather here in southwest Ohio has been really hot for the past few weeks, so we've been getting a lot of mileage out of our various sprinklers and water toys.



My Grandma was kind enough to pick this little number up at Target to replace a water slide that the kids had a couple of years ago that finally got so riddled with holes we had to throw it away.



The slide got a LOT of use last weekend.



By our third day, it also managed to get it's first hole of the summer. Really though, what do you expect for $39.99? I haven't got around to patching the hole yet. But that's OK. As usual, Mr. Crackers had an idea.




And so the water fun continued for another day. Thanks Mr. Crackers!

2 comments:

momevers said...

Welcome back. Missed reading the fun.

Lisa said...

Welcome back...I am about 3 months behind on my blog and really need to get back to it too. You have inspired me to give it a go again. Have a great summer!!!