Sunday, July 19, 2009

I can't talk now, I've got to go save Gotham City

Sorry for the lack of posting lately. I have a limited amount of "free time" each week to blog or do other important things like cleaning the bathrooms, doing the laundry, ironing, weeding the garden, staring off into space, etc... During the summer months I seem to have even less time to engage in these pursuits than I do during the school year. It makes perfect sense then that I have added one more thing more to my to-do list. I am engaged in the important battle to save Gotham City from evil doers.





Yes, it's true. I have wrestled the Wii remote away from Mr. Crackers & our young son C so that I could play a bit of Lego Batman. The Wii is usually a "weekend only" treat around our house. Mr. Crackers & C will typically spend a little quality time on a weekend afternoon helping Indiana Jones recover lost treasure, or using the force to fight the Empire for control of the galaxy.

I blame my recent addiction on the rain that fell on the the 4th of July. Since all of our cookout plans had been cancelled, we stayed close to home & most of the family decided to take a nap. While the house was quiet, I decided to pick up a remote & try my hand at Batman. I can see now why C is always asking if he can play Wii. It's like crack. Once you try it, you feel the need for more.

Luckily there really isn't much time for me to play the game. Usually, I wait until the kiddos have gone to bed before I start flirting with the caped crusader. Lately, Mr. Crackers has started joining me on these evening missions to fight crime. We make quite the dynamic duo.

So, I'm sorry for the lack of updates around the House of Crackers. I promise to get you all caught up again once I rid Gotham of its criminal element (& I catch up on the weeding, laundry, ironing, etc...)

1 comment:

momevers said...

Ah ha! So that's where you've been. I feel much safer now... Thanks, bat girl (batty girl?)!