Monday, February 1, 2010

Not exactly a dead ringer part 2

With my 40th birthday just two weeks away, it is becoming more evident than ever that I am losing brain cells at an alarming rate. As my Mom correctly pointed out (and Mr. Crackers seconded) I was wrong in my last post when I said that I have never been told that I look like anyone famous.

A few years ago on vacation, my Uncle George & my Mom decided that in both appearance and personality that they thought I resembled Samantha Brown of Travel Channel (& Champion Door and Window television advertising) fame...



I will agree that our hair is very similar in color (apparently neither one of us was happy with the color we were born with). We both also have a rather large set of teeth - although truth be told I think I've got her beat. Pale skin? Yep, it looks like she is rather fair, but if I'm not mistaken it appears in most of her photos that she does have a bit of pigment to her skin. I'm not sure that she'd qualify as "fish belly white" like yours truly, but I think our skin color is close enough.




But even with this new information, I'm still not planning on changing my Facebook profile picture to Samantha Brown...





or Tilda Swinton . Nope, I'm just not participating in Facebook's "Doppelganger week".



I don't even have this picture on my profile anymore.

Instead, I've decided to go with something a little more classic...


Because you can never go wrong with a Olan Mills Wagon Wheel portrait circa 1983.

No comments: