Thursday, July 8, 2010

The estrogen levels here are higher than ever

Well, I am officially on day 2 of the great child shuffle of 2010. My son C went out to California with my parents and his cousin A to visit his own personal version of heaven...Legoland. They took off for California yesterday afternoon & are probably running around like maniacs even as I type this post. I hope my Mom and Dad have taken all their vitamins and supplements. I'm not sure who is going to come back to Ohio more worn out from this mini-vacation, but I'm betting it's going to be my parents. Just thinking about traveling for 5 days with two energetic 7 year old boys makes me tired.

Since C was heading out on an adventure this week, I thought it might be fun if my niece M (A's little sister) came to stay with us. M is just about a year younger than K, and I knew they'd have a blast playing together. I figured they could dress up or play house without having their two brothers hijack them into one of the many Star Wars battles that seem to break out around here all the time.

So far, so good here at the House of Crackers. I think Mr. Crackers is feeling a bit outnumbered surrounded by so many females, but he's taking it all in stride.

With the heat wave here in the mid-west, all of our activities so far seem to be revolving around water.





We've played in the pool.





Run through the sprinkler.





Watered the flowers.







And gone to a local playground to cool off in the water park.







I think we're starting to get a little bit silly from the heat.





Not to mention more than a little waterlogged.

But the heat is supposed to break tomorrow when a band of rain and thunderstorms move through the area. So we'll move this caravan of fun inside. We're going to pick up my grandma and head to the mall to do a little shopping and a little eating. We'll have some fun female bonding time






Of course, I think we've already bonded just fine.