Monday, January 3, 2011

Holiday recap

Happy New Year! I know I've been absent from the blog for awhile, but honestly I've been way too busy hanging out in my PJ's until 2:00 every afternoon to write anything. Now that the kiddos are back in school and Mr. Crackers has returned to work, I figured it was about time to get back in the saddle again.

We had a wonderful and relaxing Christmas. We got to spend lots of time with my parents, my Grandma, and uncles, aunts & cousins on both sides of the family.


As predicted, the lights on the Christmas tree continued to go dark until we were left with a single glowing strand on the very top of the tree by Christmas morning.



It didn't seem to dampen the children's enthusiasm though...





We've built a lot of Lego sets,



we've played a lot of Wii,





(and I managed to show my family how bad dancer I really am...and to think I used to go dancing a few times a week in my younger days. Thank goodness that was long before the days of smart phones and youtube!)




we've played lots of board games,




we celebrated C's 8th birthday (Wow! How is it possible that he is 8 years old?!)




we even managed to get out of our PJ's a few times and leave the house to go see the movie Tangled (which we all loved) and visit our local Children's Museum.



And the whole family actually stayed up until midnight on New Year's Eve to welcome in 2011 (even though I think Mr. Crackers & I would have happily gone to bed long before the ball dropped - the kids were wide awake). I fear that Dick Clark's countdown proved to be a little anti-climatic. I think the kids were expecting something a little more dramatic for all the hoopla associated with the holiday. Perhaps next year they'll decide they don't need to stay up quite so late (a girl can dream, right?!)

But all good things must come to an end. So this morning we all woke up at our "normal time", dressed by 7:30 (bye, bye comfy PJ's) and got back into the swing of things. Here's hoping 2011 proves to be just as wonderful as the year we left behind.



No comments: