Monday, December 28, 2009

Seven

For the past seven years, my son C has kept us smiling. OK, not all the time, but for the most part he is a really good kid with a great sense of humor. He is also bright, affectionate, curious, and outgoing. I don't think he's been at a lack for something to say since he came into this world.

Last year I wrote a blog in his honor showing 6 of my favorite pictures of him. Since today is his seventh birthday, I thought I'd share 7 more pictures with you.


This shot was taken when he was 5 months old, those cheeks are killin' me! He still sleeps with that blue dog & it's in much better shape than you'd expect for a stuffed animal of his advanced years.

He spent countless hours in the summer and fall of 2004 in just this spot. I'd get in the car later to take us somewhere and the volume on the radio would be at 10, the windshield wipers would start up & the heat would kick on full blast.


Oh, the green boots...we got those as a hand-me down from our neighbor. She raised 5 boys. I can't say how many of the boys wore these particular boots, but I can say they had developed an unpleasant odor by the time we got them.
Of course C fell in love with these boots on sight & it was a struggle to get him out of them. When several attempts at washing them failed to get rid of the odor, these green boots mysteriously disappeared one day never to be seen again...



This kid has always loved dressing up & clowning around. Here he is at around 4 1/2 in his favorite costume at the time.




I've always loved this picture...it's hanging on the wall right outside my office. A perfect fall day, playing in the leaves.



Our Disney trip. One of the best times we've ever had. It was two years ago and we are still talking about it. One of these days we'll make it back there again...

Have I mentioned before how much C loves Legos? The boy received 5 large Lego sets for Christmas (3 of them had more than 850 pieces) and 4 of them are already assembled. I'm sure he will put together the last large set today. We're having a Lego party next weekend with his friends for his birthday. It's an obsession I don't mind fueling...it kept him from asking for a Nintendo DS this year and has him occasionally turning down computer time or playing games on the Wii.

Happy Birthday C! Thank you for being the sweet, funny, zany boy you are. I love you more than words can say.




2 comments:

momevers said...

Happy birthday sweet boy. You light up our lives.

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Cameron (Sorry a bit late). Your Mom has a great blackmail picture of you in those green boots (I am crying from laughing so hard at that one)!