Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The past 7 weeks in review

Well...I have to admit that the last seven or so weeks have been a complete blur. I seem to forget every year that, at least around the House of Crackers, October is the new December. For some reason the month of October seems even more hectic than December with all it's holiday filled craziness.

And while I know there are a lot of people out there who can lead very busy lives and still find time to blog, I think you already know that I am not one of those people. When life is running at a hundred and fifty miles per hour, taking time for blogging seems to find itself at the very bottom of my to do list. But life, at least for the moment, has slowed down a bit and I have a little time to breathe once again.

In case you are wondering what had the House of Crackers hopping around like maniacs for the past month and a half, here's a small sampling of the goings on.

We were busy running to soccer practices and soccer games....

And going on a family trip to the zoo...



With Grandma and Grandpa


And did I mention we were busy playing soccer ....


And going to a local farm for some pumpkin picking...


And celebrating K's 5th birthday party with family...



And at a separate party for neighborhood friends (that for some reason I decided to design myself)...



And heading to a soccer tournament game in which C's team played their hearts out, but still lost ...



And attending school Halloween parties...


And fighting crime...

And a host of other things like school presentations, multiple trips to the dentist for C's ongoing tooth crowding issues and a couple of small redecorating projects around the house.
We definitely had fun over the past month or so, but I am happy that things have slowed down a bit. And thankful that, at least for a couple weeks until the craziness of Thanksgiving and Christmas come knocking at our door, we have a little time to slow down and enjoy the glory and crispness of my favorite season.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Love your designs for K's birthday party!!! Wish we lived down the street again so you could help me with Sophia's that is coming up!