Friday, April 17, 2009

Best friends at the zoo - then and now

Today was a beautiful warm and sunny day. Since it was the last day of C's spring break, we decided to head down to the zoo to soak up some sunlight & take a look at all the animals. Once we got there, we met up with C's best buddies who live down the street.

I snapped a bunch of pictures (which should be a surprise to no one) while we were there and I went ahead and uploaded them into my computer as soon as we got home. Something about this picture of the 3 boys standing together seemed familiar to me...

That's my hooligan on the left


As I looked at it, I remembered a similar spring morning when we met our friends at the zoo. I looked through my files & discovered that the last time we all went to the zoo together was also in April, but it was 4 years ago.



It's amazing how much kids grow in just 4 short years. This is a picture of those same 3 boys taken on that trip in April 2005. At that point, C was still an only child and his two best friends had no idea they'd be getting another brother in a couple of years.

Look at those chubby cheeks! I know I am biased, but dang that kid was cute (he still is).


Yep, it's a wonderful thing to have 2 buddies to grow up with. They see each other almost every day. Honestly, they know each other so well that they seem more like brothers than just friends. C is always sad when we leave for vacation because he is sure he'll miss them while we are away.

But thankfully, they have welcomed the two additions to their tight knit group with open arms.


K has become younger sister and additional playmate to all 3 boys. She may love to dress like a girl, but she's not afraid to mix it up with the boys.

And all of them dote on Baby M (which is good, because Mr. Crackers and I won't be providing my hooligans with another sibling despite their pleas for a baby. We just tell them to go play with Baby M if they are feeling the need to be near a child who is still in diapers.)


It was a good day. Sunshine, warm weather and best friends - you just can't beat it.

P.S. To those of you who have been following the progress on "Spring Project 2009", Mr. Crackers will be working on it again this weekend. Stay tuned - more pictures to follow next week.

P.P.S. Lisa & Linda - you guys guessed right!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

great pictures. I love the comparison of the boys of now to 4 years ago. They really do grow up way too fast!

momevers said...

Hey, I'm back. Just caught up on all the posts I missed this week. Looks like fun and work was had by all.