Monday, April 27, 2009

The Playstation (aka Spring Project 2009 update #3)

The weather this past weekend was beautiful - each day was filled with sunshine and temperatures reached into the mid-eighties. This of course meant that Mr. Crackers had the perfect weather for another weekend of work on Spring Project 2009 - the clubhouse.

This weekend the roof went on thanks to a lot of assistance from our friend and neighbor. He is a tall and energetic 13 year old who happens to love outdoor building projects as much as Mr. Crackers. It's nice that Mr. Crackers has someone who loves participating in these endeavors. C is still a little too young to focus on any project for more than about 20 minutes and I am usually running around trying to keep K out of trouble.



It's looking really good isn't it? Mr. Crackers will tell you that the roof isn't quite centered on the house - but from this angle you can't tell. Actually I probably wouldn't have even noticed it at all if he hadn't mentioned it.



I'm glad we found a use for all that old wood from the deck. I hope the kids have a blast playing in it this summer. Now I just have to put on a coat of paint. We've decided to stick with red. It matches the trim on our house & both kids preferred red over any other color that was up for discussion.

On Sunday, Mr. Crackers put some gravel over the dirt in front to serve as a walkway and we bought 4 cheap plastic chairs and a couple of side tables. You'll see those additions in the pictures I'll post once I've gotten the thing painted.


After the roof went on, C named it The Playstation and we Christened it the only way we knew how - a Popsicle party inside our new clubhouse.


It's official - we have a clubhouse. Bring it on summer, we're ready for you now.


Thanks again Mr. Crackers, your boundless energy for projects around the house is both impressive and fearsome!

1 comment:

momevers said...

Wow, I'm impressed. I hope I can fit into it also. Can I come and play?