Thursday, January 29, 2009

I'm sorry, did my screams wake you?

I cannot believe that C will not have school for the 4th day in a row tomorrow! Aaarrrghh!

Is this some kind of cosmic test to see just how far my patience can be stretched? I mean, c'mon, what is going on here? I ran a bunch of errands late this afternoon & all of the main roads seemed just fine. Why, oh why, will there be no school again tomorrow? This is Ohio for goodness sakes. It should not take so long for things to get back to normal after nine inches of snow. It's not like I'm still living down in Atlanta or say somewhere even farther south like Florida.

Ah, Florida...
Have I mentioned that my parents have been vacationing in southern Florida this week? Today the temperature there was supposed to hit 82 degrees. Yep, they call everyday to check in (I think they are making sure I haven't gone over the edge) and to give me the weather update. I'm sure they are not trying to rub it in. Right, Mom? I mean you wouldn't do something so mean to a woman trying to keep 2 kids entertained in the house for the past 4 days would you? Ha!

Have I mentioned that Mr. Crackers also has been out of town all week ? Sadly for him he has not been in southern Florida. He is back out in Denver bogged down in a week's worth of business meetings. Honestly, after talking to him I think my week has been a picnic compared to his.

Well, it looks like I'll have to go and dig my tap dancing shoes out of the closet. I'm starting to run out of diversions for my 2 hooligans - perhaps I can put on a short clogging demonstration for them tomorrow. I'm sure they'll love it! I mean, who doesn't love a good clogging show?

Anyone got any other ideas for keeping my 2 kids from killing each other? Anyone?

Oh well, I need to go to bed and get some sleep. I don't want to be cranky for our 4th day of close family bonding time tomorrow. Come morning, it'll be time once again for me to earn my keep. I guess that's why they pay me the medium bucks.

1 comment:

momevers said...

Of course, I only have your best interests in mind when I call to see if you are doing okay in all that snow. I would never try to rub your nose in the fact that the sun is shining and that the birds are singing and that the air is warm and the breezes tropical. Oh yes, and that I've read three books while I've been here. Don't worry, though, reality strikes back on Tuesday when we'll be back in the muck. Stay warm and think tropical thoughts--you, too, will see it in February and I'll be jealous!