Friday, January 30, 2009

Saved by bingo


Have I mentioned that C goes to kindergarten at one of the local parochial schools? There were a lot of things scheduled this week in celebration of "Catholic Schools Week". I'm not sure if this is just a local phenomenon or if it's a bigger than that. Since school has been cancelled most of the week due to the winter storm, a lot of the events planned in honor of Catholic Schools week have also been cancelled. Even though C doesn't have school today (he is in AM kindergarten & there is a 2 hour delay) the school has decided not to cancel the bingo event scheduled for today.


I have no idea why bingo is part of the plan to celebrate Catholic schools week. It is not a fund raiser since it is for the kids & there is no money involved. I guess maybe they figured, "Hey it's Catholic Schools week. Let's get all the kids together & play bingo. I mean, who doesn't love bingo?"


All I know is that we're going.

3 comments:

momevers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
momevers said...

I removed a previous post since it was under the wrong blog. Sorry, didn't want you to think that someone was doing something strange here--not that strange is alien to me...

Anonymous said...

I hope they sing B-I-N-G-O too!
Happy Kindergarten!!! Are you almost at the 100th day of school?
Smiles - Stacey