Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Since we are only 2 days away from Thanksgiving & I have 15 people coming over from dinner, this will be the last anyone hears from me for awhile. I have a house to clean and lots and lots of food to prepare, so my days of hanging out on my computer are coming to an end for awhile.



If you are still getting everything ready to go and need some Thanksgiving ideas, I recommend you check out this website. I love the Pioneer Woman & everything she cooks (& her stories, & her photography & everything else she does). Some of her lip smacking recipes will be finding their way onto our table this year.



I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. I hope that you enjoy the time you have with whatever family or friends you have assembled around you. I know it gets said a lot this time of year, but let us not forget to be thankful for all the wonderful blessings we have around us.



In closing, I thought I'd share A Pilgrim Story, written by my very own son C Crackers. This is his first novel & I being the proud Momma that I am, thought I'd share it with you:



Native Americans lived all over.


Pilgrims left England. The king was mean.

(so true...)

The Mayflower sailed for 106 days.

(at least that is what I think it says here)


They landed on Plymouth Rock.


Native Americans watched the Pilgrims.

(Somehow, I don't think they were quite this happy about seeing the pilgrims, but it makes for a nicer story this way)

Many Pilgrims died.


Squanto and Samoset came to visit.


The harvest was good!

(Should I be troubled by his use of the exclamation point at such a early age? See previous post)

A feast was planned.


Happy Thanksgiving!

Now, I'm headed downstairs to try and scrape a blackened layer of soot from the bottom of my oven, so I won't set off the smoke alarm every time I open the door on Thanksgiving day. May your your turkey be juicy, may your gravy be smooth and may you enjoy the smiles and laughter of those around you.

Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at the House of Crackers!

4 comments:

travelchick515 said...

Tell Mr C that I love his story. I think we have a budding writer on our hands. Happy Happy Thanksgiving with hugs and kisses to all Crackers and Crackers in law.

KK

Anonymous said...

Well, looks like C is going to be a talented writer like his mom! Perhaps a blog in his future?

Min said...

I read on PW that you were looking for a stuffing recipe...I have The BEST recipe posted on my blog. It's one of Martha's, not too difficult, it is the most delicious stuffing/dressing ever (and several of my guests this year told me so!). Also, you can make it ahead! Check it out here http://bad-girls-kitchen.blogspot.com/2008/10/classic-stuffing.html) (or in the Nov. archives under Classic Stuffing) and let me know what you think!

Min said...

You're welcome! You might half the recipe if you're not having a big crowd, it really makes a LOT...but it is delicious. I think you'll love it.