Thursday, November 13, 2008

Holy Crackers!! I better go clean the house.



My husband is a comin' home tomorrow. He's been working pretty hard on a new project for his company which has required quite a bit of travel over the past 4 weeks. This should be his last trip for awhile (thankfully), or at least until after Thanksgiving. I am glad he's coming home as we have all really missed him. As you can tell from the above picture, Mr. Crackers is a terrific Daddy. He is never shy about mixing it up with Snow White, Tinkerbell, Woody or any of the other characters that my two hooligans can dream up (dressing up is almost an obsession around here...).


As evidenced by the following:










What was my point again?? I seeemed to have gotten sidetracked by the cuteness of my hooligans...



Oh yes, my husband is coming home tomorrow. I can't wait to see him & give him a big squeeze & catch him up on all of the fun (and tantums) that he has missed while he was out galavanting around in the mountain time zone. I can't wait to share a meal with another person who doesn't say "Ewwww" when anything is on their plate EXCEPT Macaroni and Cheese (seriously, I am needing a real meal that doesn't involve hot dogs, pizza or peanut butter -- help me! ). It's been a kind of lonely few weeks & I am looking forward to talking to him & just sharing the evening with him again. We may not always say much, but I find his presence on the couch with me very comforting - even if we are both doing our own thing.


** And now, a brief note from our blogger to her honey-bunny: If you are reading this post Babe please skip the next 2 paragraphs - believe me, you don't want to read them! **


But...here's the thing. I will admit when he is not here, I am not always good about keeping up with things around the house. Mr. Crackers likes a clean and organized house (don't we all?). Admittedly, I do too - I just can't relax if things are too messy. But, when my husband is out of town, I seem better able to let things slide. Dishes may sit in the sink for a day (or 2). Bathrooms start to get a little scary looking, the beds don't really get made & please, please, please let's not even talk about the playroom. I just shut the door & think about something pleasant - like having a full time live-in maid.


So, now that he's coming home tomorrow, I need to get my butt in gear & return the house to some kind of normalcy. I'm not going to do anything drastic like cleaning the shower, or scrubbing the toilets, but I should probably empty & re-load the dishwasher. Maybe I'll even vaccuum the carpet & clear a path through the playroom. This is probably a good thing to do anyway seeing as I have a playgroup to host tomorrow morning & I'll also be babysitting some neighborhood children later in the day. I certainly don't want to endanger other people's children with the mess this house has become - who knows what may be lurking in my kitchen sink at this moment?


Farewell then, I am off to tidy up a bit. You know what? Maybe I will scrub those toilets. It's a special occasion... after all, my sweetie's comin' home!






1 comment:

Mrs. G. said...

You are right. Those are some cute hooligans.