Thursday, November 20, 2008

I think I am addicted to Craig's List

I've been busy the last couple of weeks cleaning out old toys that aren't played with to make room for all the new ones that will be entering our home over the next few weeks. Between Christmas and both of the kid's birthdays, we end up getting a lot of toys in just a couple of months. So, it's time to get ready for the onslaught.


I've got a pile to donate & a pile to sell. The pile to sell includes big things like our old train table (memories.... sniff, sniff), and other large size toys that the kids have outgrown.

Here's a shot of C right about the time we got the train table....almost 3 years ago




I don't really want to mess around with Ebay or garage sales, so I use Craig's List instead. It rocks! I find that posting all of these items on Craig's list is getting my old retail juices flowing again.








The beauty of it is that no matter what price I sell the stuff for, I win! Even if the item only sells for $8.00, that's $8.00 more in my pocket than I had when I woke up this morning. It really bugs me sometimes that I am not helping out with the finances. I used to work full time & I really enjoyed it (for the most part). Even though my husband & I both felt it was the right thing to do to have someone stay home with the kids while they were little, I still sometimes miss being a wage earner.


So for now, I will bring money in by using Craig's List. I love it & best of all (unlike my time spent as a buyer in a department store), I get to keep the money! I'm up to about $50.00 so far, but I just listed the train table today. Keep your fingers crossed, Momma needs the money




No comments: