Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The good, the bad, and the shifty...

Isn't that about the best Santa you've ever seen? Seriously, he's the real deal. The boy sitting on his lap is my very own C when he was just about 1 year old. At the time we thought he'd love sitting on Santa's lap. Back then, he was in daycare full time & was happy being held by anyone. Anyone, that is EXCEPT for Santa.




Yikes! What's the deal with this Santa? His beard was as white as the snow...only if that snow had recently been visited by the family dog! I think this may rank as our worst Santa ever, but since he was at our local library & the visit was free, I'll cut him a little slack. He is a little creepy though, isn't he? That's C just before his 3rd birthday, wearing what I think is an elf hat.



Is it just me,or does this Santa look a little shifty to you? Over here Santa, look at the camera! C'mon man you are supposed to be a professional! I mean the 4 year old is looking at me, why aren't you?!




Last year, this Santa had to bribe K with a book just to get her within a few feet of him. No way was she getting on his lap. C on the other hand will happily climb on Santa's lap if it will mean a chance to request toys.


I'm glad he wasn't scarred by his early childhood experience with the man in red.

We'll be heading off next week for this year's installment of pictures with Santa. I don't think I'll have much luck getting K to sit on his lap this year either. I know C will be game though - he is nothing if not outgoing and social, especially if presents are involved. Now, if I can just find that first Santa again....

1 comment:

Carly said...

Hahahaha, that first picture is priceless! Totally made my day.

Just a random comment :)

Have a great day.