Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Linda

Today is my sister Linda's 37th birthday. In past years she & her family have traveled the 4 plus hours in holiday traffic to stay at my parents' house for Christmas and a small birthday celebration. This year, she and her family have opted to stay home to start their own family traditions. We will miss them this year, but completely understand their desire for a less hurried, more peaceful Christmas celebration without all the rushing around. (This is one of the big reasons Mr. Crackers & I moved back to Ohio from Atlanta 4 years ago. We wanted to be closer to family & honestly those holiday trips were real killers!)


In honor of Linda's birthday, I present to you a photo montage of my younger sister, because nothing says I love you more than a bunch of embarrasing pictures posted on the internet. I kid, I kid because I love. (Don't worry Linda, there aren't too many oldies in the mix- I haven't gotten them scanned into my computer yet, so you are safe. But, just wait until next year - hee, hee, hee!)


Here she is as just a wee thing. I am not sure why I am standing over her, but I am sure I had no thoughts except for loving ones for my new baby sister.
Right Ma?


Ummm...I think she's starting to lean a little to the side. Help someone??


It may look like I am pushing my way into a picture trying to steal the limelight, but I am sure I was just protecting her from the glare of the photographers... I only had her best interests at heart. I'm sure that somewhat worried look has nothing to do with the way I appear to be pushing against her head with my own.
Right Ma?

Yes, I know I've shown this one before. I love it though, so here it is again!



Here she is with her husband & her son A. A beautiful family, are they not?


Such a good aunt. Here she cuddles with my baby K on a visit soom after her birth.


This one is from our family vacation a couple of years ago. That's Linda's daughter M. What a cutie!


Here's Momma Linda with her two hooligans taken in summer 2007. According to my uncle, Linda & I are just like bookends. Somehow we managed to have boys just 7 months apart, followed by girls 11 months apart. Built in friends as well as cousins. It worked out really well!

Finally, a shot taken last year right after her birthday party. She got a pair of slippers that actually fit her feet! I can't find the shot where she is opening the gift, but trust me it was a good one. She was very excited. Linda suffers from a genetic disorder passed to her from our father. We call it Fat Feet Syndrome. Unfortunately, neither can buy shoes (or slippers) in places that the rest of us do. I think this was the first pair of slippers that she had owned in years. Thank goodness for Nordstroms & Zappos!

Happy Birthday Linny Linda - hope you are having a great day! Love you!

No comments: