Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Some good news, and some wait 'n see

A couple of days ago, I told you in an issue we discovered on Mr. Cracker's credit card,where the company RESERVATION REWARDS had been charging us $10.00 a month (for the past 20 or so months) without our knowledge to the tune of a little over $200.00! Since we already covered in that post how stupid we are how it came to pass that it took us so long to discover these recurring charges, I won't rehash that again. (You can check out the whole story here.)

I did want to check back though & give you the good news - I looked today & true to their word, the folks at RESERVATION REWARDS credited our card for all the charges they had made since March 2007. Even though I still maintain that their marketing efforts are just plain sneaky, I respect the fact that they made the whole restitution thing as easy as they did. I was anticipating months of back and forth to get it resolved. It was a nice surprise to find them so amiable to make the situation right.




I'll take that $200.00 back, thank you very much!





Unfortunately, I can't say I have good news to report on the whole iKitchen front. I can already tell that it is not going to be resolved as easily as our issue with Reservation Rewards. I have found as many complaints about iKitchen as I have freckles on my left arm (in short, there are a lot!). It appears that iKitchen may indeed be in the business of defrauding people out of money by taking orders for goods that they have no plans on ever shipping. Buyer beware, for this site looks legitimate. I also discovered after doing more research that the guy who operates iKitchen also runs the following websites with similar results:



EKitchenGadgets.com

KitchenHomeGadgets.com

KitchenKaboodles.com

HomeBrands.com

MetroMarket.com

Red-Tag.com

GiantSavings.com

OfficialRedTagSale.com

dotcomproject.com

Kitchen and Home Concepts HCG Logistics



It would appear that you have as much chance of receiving an item that you paid for from the sites listed above as you would fitting into the jeans you wore back in high school.



Not even in high school did I look this good in a pair of jeans...


In short, it looks like you'd be throwing money away by ordering from these companies, so save yourself the hassle and the money & don't do it.



Since I don't want to end this post on such a down note, I'll give you a little more good news just to put your minds at ease. I know you will all be happy to know that Mr. Crackers has already gotten me a new present to replace the one we clearly won't be receiving from iKitchen. I knew you'd be worried about it - no fear, I will have something to open on Christmas morning. Whew, that's one less burden for you to be carrying around. I hope knowing that I have something to open will help make your Christmas a little brighter! You're welcome.

No comments: